Feature and Data Status (Updated August 25, 2020)
Synchronizing data between Bouncie and Automatic
Now LIVE! Import data now / Import help article
Now live! Download today
API access is now available by request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for access
We're looking at how to add more insights into fuel/trip costs as well as fuel costs
As a longtime Automatic user I've been spending the last several days looking for the best option. I keep coming back to Bouncie but the lack of Crash Alerts was the only issue for me. The Automatic Crash Alert feature really saved me after an accident a few years ago and got my car quickly towed off a dark rainy highway in the early morning. If you're really targeting an early June release and the transfer of existing Automatic data I'm definitely onboard.
I'm in the same boat. I was considering Vyncs, but their iOS app is garbage. (I installed it and was very disappointed. No wonder their app rating is so poor). Bouncie seems like it's got a lot of support.
Of course, one thing I loved about Automatic, besides it just working great, was that there were no recurring fees. I guess that's why they went under. But spending another $16/month (two cars) for this isn't something I'm looking forward to. Not sure if there are any other options, though.
Finally, I'm a developer, and have written a plugin that incorporates my home automation software with Automatic. It looks like Bouncie doesn't have an API yet, but is working to bring that to the table, too.
Thank you being the only vendor I have found that is recognizing potential customers due to the lost of Automatic and making efforts to assist them.
A few questions, if I may:
1. Your device is based upon 3G cellular technology, which is being phased out. Will I be required to buy a new device in the next year or two?
2. Which network(s) is/are being used.? Coverage is somewhat lacking in my area.
3. How much data can the device store when it outside of a service area?
Hi. Like some others, long time automatic user, and I have 2 questions:
- How does roadside towing work? It says you get 3 instances of roadside assistance per year, but is the cost of the actual tow included? I pay for AAA and have only actually used it once but like the piece of mind for my daughter. Would this be a suitable replacement?
- Any chance there's even a slight discount for paying yearly? Like others, I loved that there was no monthly fee for Automatic, and paying yearly would be mentally a little easier (I do love the 3 adaptor discount by the way, as that's how many I need.)
I received the Bouncie device. Thanks. I've been trying to download my trip data from Automatic for several days and I always get this --> "Unable to fetch data. Please try again later." I seem to be able to get data for short time periods, but not the entire set. I'm wondering if you may have any insight as to what may be going on. I realize you are working on possible ways to integrate past Automatic data, and I (and many others, I'm sure) truly appreciate that, but I'm hesitant to install the Bouncie device at least until I have my existing Automatic data. I'm looking forward to getting this going, but if I won't be able to save past data, I'm considering shutting everything down and giving up on tracking altogether. Thank you!
I just came back to check the status on import and see you now. Thank you for that. I have imported 2 out of my three vehicles, but the last one is almost 8 mbs. I see there is a 4 mb limit, but the link to help explain how to split the file doesn't work. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Well ... I wish I could be of more help. I downloaded all of my Automatic data, in chunks, with no trouble. However, before I got to the point of importing, I ended up getting a new car, replacing the vehicle that represented the old data. So, I just started from scratch with Bouncie with the new car and everything is going great.